What are subs or replacement parts?
Many items have multiple part numbers. The part you receive might seem to be a different part because of the part number, but it is usually the same part. We carefully review all part numbers so we can ship the correct parts to you.
Impact Computers policy is one of ongoing update and revision. We may revise and discontinue Product at any time without notice to you and this may affect information saved in your online "cart." Impact Computers will ship Product that has the functionality and performance of the Product ordered, but changes between what is shipped and what is described in a specification sheet or catalog are possible.
If a replacement part is sent to you, we clearly state on your order that we sent a replacement part. If for any reason a replacement part is unsatisfactory to you, we will give you a 100% refund, but you must notify us within 10 days of receiving the order.
1) IBM parts usually have 2, 3 or 4 part numbers printed on the unit. They have a number with a prefix of FRU (Field Replacement Unit), ASM number, APN number (Art Part Number), CRU (Consumer replacement unit), and they sometimes have a MPN number (Marketing Part Number)
2) Usually manufacturers use part numbers to identify certain characteristics such as country of origin, country of destination, revision, marketing purpose, OEM manufacturer, etc. For example Compaq has 14 part numbers for unit 222114-001 Li-Ion Battery Pack (222114-001, 116314-001, 388644-B21, 138184-001, etc)
3) All laptop manufacturers use OEM parts (i.e., parts that have been manufactured by a company that specializes in that item). Therefore, these parts will usually have 2 or 3 part numbers. For example, the Toshiba COLOR LCD DISPLAY part number K000833610 has been manufactured by Sharp with the part number LQ141X1LH82. Depending on supply and demand we will ship the product that it is available.
4) Many times we will ship an updated or upgraded version of a part or a new revision if the older part is not available. For example, if you order a 2x CD-ROM for your laptop, we might send you a 6x CD-ROM. We always send units that are functionally equivalent or better than unit ordered (i.e., same specs), or else we send a better unit, as in the case of the CD-ROM.
5) Many items we sell are refurbished, remanufactured, or items custom manufactured for us because new versions of that product are no longer available. Many of the items we sell have never been available from the original manufacturers as individual items. If so, we fully test the item and refurbish it before shipping it to you. This process is necessary for spare parts that are no longer supported by the manufacturers.
Can I order a part that is not on your web Site?
Why do some parts with same part numbers have different prices?
Can I purchase the parts and repair the unit myself?
I have purchased the parts but I still have the same problem
Can I use my IMPAC VISA?
Why is my order delayed?
- Is the prices and availability accurate?
Are the parts you sell new, used, or refurbished?
- How do I find a part for my laptop?